WW: -1.6 (-39 lbs)
Thanks and *hugs* to everyone who replied to my last two posts. It means *a lot* to me. It's been weird, since I'm still expecting things, you know? And Patch knew something was going on last week. And she's still being weird about one part of our yard. Plus, she's been more affectionate than normal with me (which should say something, since she's *always* affectionate with me).
What a week! I had a 12 day week this week and I was supposed to work tomorrow, but I couldn't. I've been feeling a bit off the past couple of days, so I didn't want to make myself sicker or anyone else sick in the process. Plus, as much as the extra money is needed, I value what fragments of sanity I have left, which is why I will spend most of my weekend holed up in my house watching movies, reading, and possibly even writing.
And the reason for the 12 day work week and me feeling all unbalanced? Fall Rush. AKA, when everyone comes back to college and things are a madhouse. If you've never experienced it at my school (and I know a couple of you have *waves at anaidiana
, and libralyte
*). Think of it this way - from this past Saturday through this past Thursday, it was like six Black Fridays in a row. Today was a bit better because it was a) a Friday and b) the Friday before Labour Day weekend.
So, in an effort to help put this week behind me, here's some things that made this week worth it. (In no particular order, of course.)
1. Going out Saturday night with Beth and some of her friends to the Deer Park for dinner. Had good food, a good time, and even a bit of alcohol. Plus, we saw a car get hit by a train. (A freight rail is right there.) Thankfully, the driver got out in time, but we're still wondering how the car got on the tracks to begin with, plus, facing the same direction that this particular train was going.
2. A lot of the customers have been really nice and I've had fun chatting with them as I've rung up their purchases or helped them find things (and in some cases, both).
3. Two of the aforementioned customers were a girl with a BtVS shirt on and her mom. So I commented, "Excited about Serenity
?" and she gave a sort of "Oh, yeah" nod and her mom was like, "Serenity?" and she was like, "It's a Joss Whedon thing, Mom." And her mom was like, "Oh."
4. Free food from some of the textbook reps. It's an amazing thing to see the amount of food our staff can consume, when there's maybe two dozen of us, at most, working. To give you an idea - I took in two separate bags of candy on two different days. The first one was gone within maybe an hour. And I could swear that the second one was gone in about 15 minutes, but it may have been a little longer. And if you think that's bad, you should see us when we get doughnuts.
5. Some of the t-shirts have been fun. I know I'm forgetting a few, but some of the ones that amused me include:
a) What happens in Jersey stays buried in Jersey.
b) Liscence to Chill
c) A design for a camp or something that had 'Ad Aspera Per Astra' in it (this one's for soft_princess
d) A picture of a Blue Hen (our mascot) and the words - Deleware Blue Hen - An Ass Kickin' Chicken
e) Made in the 1980s with a picture of a sperm going into an egg
f) Cereal Killer with a skull and cross spoons
h) Very Huggable (though the girl said she hadn't gotten much response with it)
6. A girl looking at some of the UD apparel with a friend and going "O. M. G. *squee*!" - saying the letters and actually squeeing.
7. Getting to be a bit of a geek with a guy who had special ordered some Robert Jordan books (even if I haven't read any of them yet).
8. Scott Grimes'
cd. Best $12 I've spent in a long time. His music's definitely got an 80's power ballad sensibility/flair to it that seems to always put me in a good mood and sometimes even make me geek out a little.
9. Kat Reitz's SuperGlue
- it's an AU h/c SV fic that's really long and really good. I'm almost done and I just can't put it down.
10. Hershey's White Chocolate miniatures with pecans - these were in one of the bags of candy I took in and they're *so* yummy.
11. "Dead Like Me" - I still have two episodes of season 1 to watch, but I love it. Plus, and I don't know how this happened, but I think I'm in love with the idea of George/Rube.